Did you know that 1 in 10 people in the world live without clean water? An absurd, right? See what Clean Water is about and how they are impacting and working for a cause!
We’re super fond of great charity and social responsibility work and you’ll probably see various post about the most amazing projects growing now a days!
This time, we’re not specifically talking about a NYC charity, but it’s definitely one worth spreading the word about.
Charity Water is a non-profit organization on a mission to bring clean and safe drinking water to every person on the planet.
The numbers are surprising like: 663 million people in the world live without clean water.
That’s 1 in 10 of us – which is actually equal to twice the size of the U.S.!
It’s crazy to think that so many people around the world have actually no access to clean water that is actually safe to drink. Specially when we, in New York City, can drink out of practically any tap around the city. We are even known for having one of the best waters in world.
So, we’re here to share and raise consciousness on this issue, since we strongly believe that this is a basic, minimum that every human-being must have.
The three main things that make a difference in their work is that:
- 100% of your donations go straight to the field;
- They prove every water project they build using photos and GPS coordinates on Google Maps;
- They work with strong local partners on the ground to build and maintain water projects.
Charity Water has currently funded 24,537 water projects for over 7 million people around the world.
There are 3 ways to be part of this fantastic initiative:
- Donate: You can donate any amount you’d like. Just so you know — “Every $1 invested in clean water can yield $4–$12 in economic returns”.
- Pledge: For a special occasion like a Birthday celebration, instead of expecting gifts from friends & family, you can ask them to donate X dollars to this cause. Great idea, right!?
- Fundraise: As they say “Do something crazy or creative to raise money! Great idea if you have a big social following!
So, let’s help them!? Take a look at the website below to see how to donate, volunteer, partner up or even shop their store.
Lastly, the stories they publish online are beautiful and thrilling! Worth reading!
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Charity Water
*Last Update on March/2020.*