Our friends from Untapped Cities shared a great list of places to visit in Astoria, Queens!
15 Must Visit Spots in Astoria, Queens: An Untapped Cities Guide
Just a few decades ago, the two major ethnic groups were Greeks and Italians but today, Astoria is one of the most diverse neighborhoods in Queens, the most diverse of New York City’s boroughs. According to recent Census data people from nearly 100 countries live in Astoria, ranging from Greeks and Italians to Mexicans, Ecuadorians, to Moroccans and Egyptians–and everything in between.
1. Architecture: Steinway Mansion
2. Architecture: Modern Art Foundry
3. Coffee Shop: Omonia Cafe
4. Endless Hookah Places: Hookah lounges along Steinway Street
5. Museum: Museum of the Moving Image
6. Museum: Noguchi Museum
7. Restaurant: Queens Comfort
8. Restaurant: El Basuero
9. Parks: Socrates Sculpture Park
10. Parks: Athens Park
11. Parks: Astoria Park
12. Historical Sites: Steinway & Sons Factory
13. Shopping: Ukulele at the Uke Hut
14. Cool Street: Steinway Street
15. Quirky Spot: Ingraham’s Mountain
Link HERE for full post by Untapped Cities!
Oh! Not sure where Astoria is located? We'll help you out!
Photo Credit: Peter Aaron/Esto. Courtesy of the Museum of Moving Image