Great post about the Grand Central Terminal by Untapped Cities!
Did you know???
- You can play tennis in Grand Central.
- There is a top secret room that doesn’t even appear on maps or blueprints.
- A hidden brick is an effective, if unintentional, anti-smoking ad.
- Some of the iron eagles have gone missing.
- No one knows if the “whispering gallery” was built to whisper on purpose.
- Grand Central houses a hidden bar.
- The sculptor who designed the statue in front of the building was kind of a snob.
- Track 61 still serves as a means of clandestine transportation.
- Grand Central has the largest basement of any building in New York City.
- The ceiling is backwards.
Location: 89 East 42nd Street