Last week we had lunch at By Chloe. Yup, every single thing is done with plant-based ingredients. The cool thing is, for those who are not Vegan or are a bit skeptic of this upcoming lifestyle, that you’ll be surprised at how delicious and tasty everything is.
I’m Vegetarian, but was particularly craving for something “burger like”, so I ordered The Burger Classic and it was i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e. It’s made with tempeh-lentil-chia-walnut patty, pickles, onion, beet ketchup, special sauce, potato bun - Gluten-free.
We also tried:
- Quinoa Taco - spicy seitan chorizo, black beans, sweet corn, avocado, tomato, tortilla strips, crèma, agave-lime vinaigrette
- Avocado Pesto Pasta - avocado-cashew pesto, grape tomatoes, almond parm, fresh basil - Gluten-free
- Pesto Meatball - italian meatballs (portobello + veggie), marinara, sweet peppers, basil pesto, cashew mozz, almond parm, potato sub roll
…and for dessert:
- Gluten-free chocolate chip cookies
- Raspberry tiramisu cupcakes
- Chlostess cupcakes
- Kale Cookies Ice Cream
The place has not even wrapped up it’s 1st year of life and Chloe and Sam already have other locations popping up soon! Amazing work, girls!
As they say…"Eat Well. Eat with purpose."
Locations: 185 Bleecker Street (corner of MacDougal Street) and 60 West 22nd Street in the Flatiron District.
Written by our Founder: Fernanda Paronetto