We are pretty fond of Middle Eastern cuisine and we were pretty curious about a place called Hummus Kitchen.
With 3 different locations in Manhattan - Hell’s Kitchen, Upper East Side and Murray Hill - we decided to visit the one in Hell’s Kitchen this time…and we simply loved it.
It’s a small place, with around 20 tables, a small façade, a very welcoming environment with gorgeous brick walls (yes, we’re into brick walls, lol), and an extremely outgoing and polite staff.
We got there around 12:30pm and in no time the place was full, plus the delicious smell from the kitchen started subtly invading the entire place - don’t worry, it doesn't stick to your clothes and hair….!
We tried several different Vegan dishes (see picture), like:
- Super-Healthy Salad - Quinoa, apricot, cranberry, walnuts and charred beets with fresh lemon juice and mint dressing
- Charred Beets - Tahini, silan, organic mixed greens & walnuts
- The Falafel - Falafel balls made from greens and chickpea, served with tahini, cured cabbage and grilled onion
- Cauliflower - With tahini, grilled red onion and thyme
- The Hummus Kitchen - Platter divided by four types of hummus: chickpea, chicken (we substituted for the vegetarian hummus), tahini and plain
Desserts were aaaamazing:
- Malabi - Mediterranean flan topped with coconut, pistachio & grenadine
- The Kitchen Kadif - Halva parfait on shredded filo dough topped with halva & silan
Do try them!
We’re definitely going back to try the Loco Morocco, a chocolate mousse cake with coconut and whipped cream over dark chocolate sauce!
Location: 768 9th Avenue (b/w 51st and 52nd)
Photo Credit: Brussels Vegan