We all know that Williamsburg is one of the trendiest NY neighborhoods (even though the tourists are more and more discovering this spot…).
Well, there are a few streets in the neighborhood that tourists still don’t quite reach, which is just perfect for us!
We recently went for lunch at Zizi Limona, that opened in October of 2012 and is located at 129 Havemeyer Street. This street is full of small restaurants, coffee shops and other interesting place to explore!
At Zizi, we felt like we ate a feast! It was delicious and this is what we had:
- Black Cumin Cauliflower on tahini topped with tomato salsa and black cumin seeds;
- Charred Beet & Lentil with finely chopped root veggies, raw tahini, silan;
- Masabacha with grilled tomato, warm ground chickpeas, tahini, lemon, cumin, parsley;
- Hummus with freshly made hot pita bread;
- Shishito Peppers with white beans and harissa aioli;
- Salad with greens, purple onions, cabbage, cherry tomatoes and a delicious sauce;
And…for dessert, we tried a peculiar dish. It was a vegan berries delight with raspberries sorbet, walnut soil, rhubarb jellies and fresh berries.
After having lunch there, just walk around to explore a bit that part of Willyb.
Location: 129 Havemeyer Street, Williamsburg
Photo Credit: BrusselsVegan