As soon as Lilia Ristorante & Caffé opened, it was named as one of the best and most coveted Italian restaurants in Williamsburg. We’ve been there countless times, and can’t wait for our next visit!
Italian cuisine is probably one of our top 3 picks and we love everything from the food to the culture behind it. We were thrilled when we heard about a new spot opening in Williamsburg, called Lilia Ristorante & Caffé.
But be prepared: You might experience a huge waiting time for “walk-ins”, so we recommend to have a reservation. And even so, it might be booked for over the full next month. Crazy!
To start, Missy Robbins, Head Chef & Owner, discovered her passion for Italian cuisine while working for 5 years as the Executive Chef at the renowned restaurant Spiaggia, in Chicago. After returning to NYC in 2008, she took the role of Executive Chef at the Michelin-starred restaurant A Voce.
So, after having gathered a remarkable experience at these fine dining restaurants, Missy decided to fly solo and open her own spot: Lilia Ristorante.
Lilia is located in the heart of Williamsburg and brought to the neighborhood the possibility of dining at an exquisite place with fantastic food. The Italian menu offers everything from hand-crafted pastas and wood-fired seafood, to great classic Italian cocktails and to-die-for desserts.
Moreover, the place is gorgeous. The high-ceiling and huge, tall windows with the rustic but, nonetheless, chic décor set the mood. Certainly a high-end Brooklyn style spot for people that enjoy a great high-end casual dining spot, but don’t feel like going into the city. Lilia was certainly a fantastic addition to the neighborhood.
We’ve been there countless times, so here are some of our favorites dishes.
For cocktails snacks, try:
- Prosciutto, Balsamic Mustard, Parmigiano Butter
- House-made Mozzarella, Toasted Garlic Bread, Lemon, Bottarga
Antipasti, ask for:
- Cauliflower, Spicy Soppressata, Sicilian Pesto, Majoram
- Roasted Trumpet Mushrooms, Arugula, Balsamic, Sicilian Almonds
- Whole Artichoke, Garlic, Mint, Parmigiano, Breadcrumbs
- Castlefranco, Bacon, Tropea Onion, Parmigiano
If you enjoy fish, you can have:
- Grilled Scallops, Walnuts, Yoghurt, Marjoram
- Mussels, Herb Butter, Sea Salt
- Crispy Shrimp, Gremolata, Parsley Aioli
- Black Bass, Salsa Verde, Coal Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
For the pasta-lovers:
- Spaghetti, Lemon, Pine Nuts, Parmigiano
- Ricotta Gnocchi, Broccoli Pesto, Basil, Pistachios
- Fettuccine, Spicy Lamb Sausage, Tomato Passato, Fennel Seed
- Squash Filled Ravioli, Hazelnuts, Parmigiano, Sage
And, for the meat eaters:
- Grilled Lamb Leg Steak, Roman Spices, Fennel, Celery
Now, we do recommend you leaving space to try their desserts. It’s actually hard to pick the best ones.
If you want to host a small event, they offer a semi-private area in the restaurant for up to 20 people. So, be sure to contact us for further information about the space for private events or corporate gatherings.
In addition, you might also just want to pass by the Caffé. They have delicious and super fresh pastries and coffees. A great place for a pitstop while you’re in the neighborhood!
Enjoy this super cool Italian restaurant in Williamsburg.
Monday – Friday: 5:30pm – 11pm
Saturday & Sunday: 5pm – 11pm
Hours (Caffé): Opens daily at 7am
Location: 567 Union Avenue
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Evan Sung Photography for Lilia Ristorante
*Last Update on Feb/2020.*