FASHINNOVATION debuts its 3rd edition in New York City, in a full-day event bringing in over 70+ speakers that will talk how innovation and technology come together in the fashion industry!
We all know that New York City is one of the fashion capitals of the world. It’s the birth place to so many brands, ideas, concepts, through some of the most creative and talented minds on Earth!
In this world that is constantly changing at such a rapid pace, it can be hard to follow everything. Plus, it’s equally difficult to be in tune with the latest news in our own industries, right?
That said, we are extremely honored to be a Media Sponsor at the upcoming event: “FASHINNOVATION”. The event will bring innovations in the fashion industry via technology and will certainly expand and incite your mind with fresh ideas.
Fashinnovation: “Fashion Is To Love”, is debuting its 3rd Edition just days before starting the New York Fashion Week. The event will be hosted inside the renowned Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in NYC on September 4th, 2019.
The full-day conference will serve as a place where innovations, via technology, shapes the fashion industry and where current trends are showcased.
Moreover, there will be 70+ speakers, 20+ panel discussions and 20+ brands and startups “trade” activations with the objective of inspiring and sharing knowledge. All this, with countless BIG names of the industry!
Aside from the talks, guests will enjoy a fashion installation by Neon Cowboys, where he’s debuting an entire collection for the 1st time ever!
In addition, you can expect an activation floor with tech and fashion brands from all around the world and interesting red carpet interviews.
Finally, to celebrate the day in style, an after party will be hosted in partnership with The Canvas by Querencia Studio, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn!
“Based on where all of the trends in the fashion industry are nowadays – transparency, storytelling, sustainability, collaboration, inclusivity, etc. – love is the emotion that it all stems from” says Jordana Guimarães.
“We are excited to keep growing this community of innovators, who are shaping the fashion industry via technologies, such as Digifair (on demand global fabric sourcing and logistics company) and others”, continues Marcelo Guimarães.
After hosting two successful events in the past year, during NYFW, speakers included:
- Oskar Metsavaht: Founder at Osklen,
- Ivan Poupyrev: Vice President at Google,
- Gonzalo Pertile: Director at J. Crew,
- Renata Black: Co-Founder at EBY,
- Paul Dillinger: Vice President at Levi’s,
- Eno Polo: CEO at Havaianas US, Directors at NASA, IBM, United Nations etc.,
Jordana & Marcelo Guimarães – husband/wife and Founders of Fashinnovation – won’t disappoint with what’s to come!
With the big question which has been circulating in the fashion industry: “Is Fashion Week still relevant?”, Fashinnovation is branding itself as the runway of innovation.
Be sure to get your ticket and see you there!
Date: September 4th, 2019
Time: 8am – 7pm; after-party from 8pm – 10pm
Location: FIT – Fashion Institute of Technology
- 218 West 28th Street
- 227 West 27th Street (Afternoon entrance)
8:00am to 9:00am – Registration / Stands Activations of Innovative Companies
9:00am: Opening “Welcome Remarks” by Founders: FASHION is To Love
– Jordana Guimarães
– Marcelo Guimarães
9:15am – 9:30 am: Toward a new “maker mindset”: Fashion Innovation in an era of urgency
– Susan Rockefeller: Artist, Activist & Founder Musings.
09:30am – 10:00am: FASHION is Inclusivity
Opening Remarks by Fern Mallis – Founder New York Fashion Week
– Fern Mallis: Founder, New York Fashion Week
– Bill Wackermann: CEO, Wilhelmina Models
– Lisa Sun: Founder, Gravitas
– Jessica Andrews: Deputy Fashion Director, Refinery29 (Moderating)
10:00am – 10:25am: FASHION is Sustainable Development Goals
– Emily Kate Symes: Founder, EKOLUV
– Topper Luciani: Founder, Goodfair
– Camille Jaillant: Founder, Olistic the Label
– Thomaï Serdari: Adjunct Professor of Marketing NYU | Founder Brand(x)Lux (Moderating)
10:25am – 10:35am: FASHION is Social Good
– Simla Sooboodoo – Founder & CEO, Hands On Journeys
10:35am – 10:55am (break)
10:55am – 11:20am: FASHION is Recycled/ Upcycled Materials
– Arianne Engelberg: Founder, THE NEW DENIM PROJECT
– Carolina Alvarez-Ossorio Speith: Global Marketing & Communications Director, ECOALF
– Marci Zaroff: Trademarked “ECOfashion”, Founder MetaWear
– Federico Brugnoli – Founder of Spin360 & Curator of Innovation Square, Lineapelle (Moderator)
11:20am – 11:45am: FASHION is Technology, Pop-Culture & New Trends
– Emily Brickel Edelson: Co-Founder, Chic Sketch
– Asia Hall: CEO, Neon Cowboys
– Michael Savarie: Sustainability Enterprise Catalyst, Hemp Black
11:45 am – 12:00pm: FASHION is Entrepreneurship
Opening Remarks by Karen Bhatia – Senior Vice President at the New York City Economic Development Corporation
– Ricky Mendez: Entrepreneur com
– Pepita Marin: Founder We Are Knitters & Endeavor Entrepreneur
12:00am – 12:20pm: FASHION is Startups + 5 Demos Elevator Pitch
Elevator Pitches presented by – Alceo Rapagna: Global Strategy Officer & CEO Italy Startupbootcamp, Innoleaps & The Talent Institute
– Gabriela Davis: Co-Founder at Yoobe
– Sophia Matveeva: Founder, Enty
– Michael DeNunzio: Founder, Focalize Designer
12:20pm – 12:45pm: FASHION is Creating From the Heart
– Iliana Cogan: Founder, WordsCount + Kindness ATM
– Mindy Scheier: Founder and President, Runway of Dreams
– Jason Naylor: Artist
– Pinar Guvenc: Business Strategy Director, Open Style Lab (Moderating)
12:45pm – 01:30pm: Break for lunch
01:30pm – 01:45pm: FASHION is Transparency
– Carry Somers: Founder, Fashion Revolution
1:45pm – 2:10pm: FASHION is Women Empowerment
– Ryann Richardson: Tech founder, activist & Miss Black America
– Sasha Meneghel: Personality/ Model Sustainability Advocate from Brazil
– Kimberly Barasch: Founder, Altress
– Alexis Rai: US Director, African Fashion Fund (Moderating)
2:10pm – 2:35pm: FASHION is Inspired by NASA
– Becca McCharen: Founder, CHROMAT
– Erica Bernhard: Founder, Covalent
– Julia Daviy: 3D Print Sustainable Fashion, Designer
– Cassandra Napoli: Editor, WGSN Insights (Moderating)
2:35pm – 3:00pm: FASHION is Blockchain
– Stephanie Benedetto: Founder, Queen Of Raw
– Rob Koenen: CMO, Boxed Water
– Patrick Duffy: Founder, Mr. Duffy + Global Fashion Exchange
– Annabelle Azadé: Fashion Journalist & Founder, Wear The Future (Moderating)
3:00pm – 3:25pm: FASHION is Sustainable Supply Chains:
– Jacqueline Jenkins: Executive Director of Strategic Planning and Innovation at FIT, Author of “Fashion Supply Chain Management”
– Dana Davis: VP of Sustainability, Product and Business Strategy, Mara Hoffman
– Divya Demato: Co-Founder, GoodOps
– Richard Demato: Co- Founder, GoodOps (Moderating)
3:25pm – 3:45pm (break)
3:45pm – 4:10pm: FASHION is International Customer Experience Off-line & On-Line
– Laerke Skyum: Co-Founder, AYNI
– Paula Gartenkraut: Co-Founder, The Private Apple
– Omar Salam: Founder, S.U.K.E.I.N.A
– Jaclynn Brennan: Commercial Director, eSTYLAR
4:10pm – 4:35pm: FASHION is Artificial Intelligence
Opening Remarks by Pierre Nicolas Hurstel – FASHION is “Blockchain & AI”
– Tony Pinville: Co-Founder & CEO, Heuritech
– Alexandra Nervi: CDO, Ba&Sh
– Steve Zades: VP Global Innovation, Kontoor Brands Inc.
– Jean-Marc Bellaiche: CSO, Content Square
– Pierre Nicolas Hurstel: Co-Founder, .arianee (Moderating)
4:35pm – 04:55pm: FASHION is Wearable Tech
– Billie Whitehouse: Founder, WearableX
– Constanza Mas: Founder, Constanza+LAB
– Elizabeth Segran: Senior Staff Writer, Fast Company (Moderating)
04:55pm – 05:20pm: FASHION is Platforms from Point A to Z
– Gigi Cobos: Operations Manager, SYNZENBE
– Yazan Malkosh: Founder & CEO, SWATCHBOOK
– Arnaldo Goldemberg: Founder & CEO, DIGIFAIR
– Neil Hicks: Founder, Pandesco & author, “The Lifecycle of Fashion Technology” & Professor, FIT (Moderating)
5:20pm – 5:40pm (break)
5:40pm – 6:05pm: FASHION is Innovation
– Keanan Duffty: Fashion Designer & Program Director for MPS Fashion Management, Parsons School
– Neil Brown: CEO, Amsale
– Lilly Berelovich: Founder, FASHION SNOOPS
– Corey Tollefson: SVP for Retail, Infor (Moderating)
06:05pm – 06:35pm: FASHION is E-Commerce
– Nyha Shree: Founder, Jumper.ai
– Kristin Savilia: CEO, JOOR
– Misty Locke: Global CMO, iProspect
– Enid Hwang: Culture & Community Manager, Pinterest
06:35pm – 06:50pm: FASHION is Celebrity Influencing: (The Bella Twins)
– Brie Bella: Founder, Birdiebee
– Nikki Bella: Founder, Birdiebee
06:50pm – 07:00pm: NEON Cowboys Show
07:00pm: Closing Remarks – Fashion is FASHINNOVATION 2020
– Jordana Guimarães
– Marcelo Guimarães
8:00pm – 10:00pm: After Cocktail Reception at The Canvas by Querencia Studio
Event Host/ MC: Michael Ferraro, Executive Director FIT Infor DTech Lab
Red Carpet Host: Veronica Apsan, Founder Fashion Aficionado
Photo Credits: Courtesy of Fashinnovation (past editions)