It’s taco time! Citrico is a Mexican restaurant in Prospect Heights, in Brooklyn! We went there for a night filled with traditional tacos and cocktails and had a great time!
Who likes Mexican food!? I definitely do!
I don’t know about your guys, but I certainly do!!! So, that said, I decided to explore a bit a neighborhood in Brooklyn called Prospect Heights and try a restaurant called Citrico!
They are a traditional Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn that you should try any time you’re around!
Well, to start off Noor, the owner, is Mexican so obviously the food, authentic Southern Mexican, is super traditional. The restaurant’s décor is simple, but very inviting and low-key with some typical Mexican objects and frames that set the mood to the place.
When we got there, I always like to ask what are the bestsellers and what are the most unique and different dishes on the menu.
So, take a look at what we had:
- Guacamole (of course): Served with chips and topped with fresh pomegranate
- Tostada de Betabel en Mole: beets cooked in homemade mole made from scratch, over rice and a crispy corn tortilla and then topped with crema, queso fresco and lettuce
- Agucate Frito: Fried avocado with shrimp ceviche
- Taco Gordita Combo: vegetable taco on a blue corn tortilla topped with avocado and queso fresco + a handmade corn gordita stuffed with black beans, crema, queso fresco and lettuce. Comes with pickled habaneros and homemade salsa roja.
- Chocolate Mousse: Homemade semi-sweet chocolate mouse garnished with a strawberry and a Mexican cookie
- Passion Fruit Margarita
- Tropical: Bruxo mezcal, coconut purée, and pineapple topped with toasted coconut flakes
Have fun exploring and eating tacos!
Monday – Thursday: 4pm – 11pm
Friday: 4pm – 12am
Saturday & Sunday: 9am – 12am
Location: 681 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn
Photo Credit: ©Behind the Scenes NYC