New York City surely has it all when we talk about dining experiences. If you enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine, Hummus Kitchen is definitely one of the restaurants to visit.
Don’t you wake up sometimes totally in the mood for hummus, right? We do!
With 3 different locations in Manhattan – Hell’s Kitchen, Upper East Side and Murray Hill – we decided to visit the one in Hell’s Kitchen this time…and we simply loved it.
It’s a small place, with around 20 tables, a small façade, a very welcoming environment with gorgeous brick walls (yes, we’re into brick walls, lol), and an extremely outgoing and polite staff.
We got there around 12:30pm and in no time the place was full, plus the delicious smell from the kitchen started subtly invading the entire place – don’t worry, it doesn’t stick to your clothes and hair….!
We tried several different Vegan dishes (see picture), like:
- Super-Healthy Salad – Quinoa, apricot, cranberry, walnuts and charred beets with fresh lemon juice and mint dressing
- Charred Beets – Tahini, silan, organic mixed greens & walnuts
- The Falafel – Falafel balls made from greens and chickpea, served with tahini, cured cabbage and grilled onion
- Cauliflower – With tahini, grilled red onion and thyme
- The Hummus Kitchen – Platter divided by four types of hummus: chickpea, chicken (we substituted for the vegetarian hummus), tahini and plain
Desserts were aaaamazing:
- Malabi – Mediterranean flan topped with coconut, pistachio & grenadine
- The Kitchen Kadif – Halva parfait on shredded filo dough topped with halva & silan
We were super satisfied with out lunch and had no space for dessert.
But, we’re definitely going back to try the Loco Morocco, a chocolate mousse cake with coconut and whipped cream over dark chocolate sauce! We simply love Middle Eastern cuisine.
Oh! Are you vegan? They have some fantastic options (some we tried, as we listed above)!
Want to explore the neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen?
After lunch, you can pass by Fountain House Gallery, that hosts amazing exhibitions and installations. If you’re more the night-owl type, you will certainly have a great time at The Press Lounge rooftop bar.
Plus, you’re only a few blocks away from Central Park and the Hudson River. If you have kids, walk towards the river to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
Last, but not least, let us help you our planning your trip and hooking you up with the most fantastic activities through our Concierge Services. Wait! Are you a business? We can make everything seamless for you, your clients and employees. Talk to our experts to see our Corporate Services.
Monday – Sunday: 11am – 11:30pm
Location: 768 9th Avenue (b/w 51st and 52nd)
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Brussels Vegan