Located in the East Village, Maharlika 100% Filipino cuisine will take you on a journey. Be prepared to indulge yourself!
Created in 2011 by the talented hands of Chef Miguel Trinidad and the dream of Nicole Ponseca, Maharlika will transport you to the distant island of the Philippines.
“Though Filipino food is arguably the original fusion cuisine with its cultural influences from Spain, Malaysia, China, America and indigenous ingredients and flavors, Maharlika Filipino Moderno is not a fusion restaurant.
Moreover, it features a curated selection of Filipino classic dishes as well as inventive dishes that use 100% Philippine ingredients and flavors.”
So, with no big pretension, but with lots of love, the restaurant aims to simply feed you good, traditional, Filipino food. Where? In a very welcoming environment that will possibility remind you of home.
Speaking about, the dishes have rich flavors and great presentation. Some of their typical dishes are:
- Bibingka – glutinous rice cake w/ toasted coconut, salted egg, keso de bola, guava jam
- Lumpiang Mini Shanghai – rice paper w/ beef, pork, aromatic vegetables, sweet chili sauce
- Flip’d Chicken and Ube Waffle – batterless fried chicken, purple yam waffle, caramelized macapuno syrup, anchovy-compound bagging butter
- Baked Kalderetang Kambing – goat shank, potato, bell pepper, carrot, chili, tomato, farm-fresh baked eggs
- Uni Palabok – rice noodle, shrimp bisque, sea urchin, fried garlic, pandesal breadcrumbs
- Kare Kare – oxtail, peanut butter, long beans, eggplant, bokchoy
That said, they are opened for brunch, lunch and dinner all week long, so be sure to stop by!
And, in addition, if you’re interested in their catering services, contact the to see how you can impress your guests.
Plus, if you need help with organizing your private party, take a look at how the experts behind our Concierge Services can help!
Monday – Thursday: 11am – 11pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am – 12am
Sunday: 11am – 10pm
Location: 111 First Avenue (at 7th Street)
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Maharlika