Passing through the kitchen of a stylish Swiss eatery in SoHo named Café Select, you’ll find a hidden room. Inside the room, Après Ski Fondue Chalet.
Mimicking an après-ski fondue chalet bar in the Alps, fondue and raclette are served during the colder months at Après Ski Fondue Chalet at Café Select. This speakeasy bar is one of the must-go spots during your New York visit!
During the warmer months, the back room turns into Cervantes Oyster Shack and Bar – a nautically themed restaurant serving a selection of seafood dishes.
I guess you’ve figured out their cuisine at this point, right? Well, if not, it’s ok. They offer great modern European dishes that will please almost everyone!
Furthermore, here are a few dishes you can try, if you’re not sure where to start:
- Chop Salad with mesclun, endive, cherry tomatoes, celery, avocado, egg, hearts of palm potato salad, cucumber, house vinaigrette;
- Burrata with heirloom tomato, pickled eggplant, basil & olive oil, balsamic reduction;
- Müesli Pancakes are short stack of pancakes with macerated berries, vanilla sweet butter;
- Schnitzel with thinly pounded, breaded chicken breast, eld greens and potato salad;
- Rösti Norwegian with smoked salmon and fresh herb sour cream, served over rösti.
Plus, it’s a great late night place to head to, if you’re part of the night-owls of NYC!
Are you looking for a cool place to hang out with the trendy kids in town?
Well, this is surely one of them! Actually, that entire block has some of the hottest NYC hang out spots.
You can also reserve tables for bigger parties (8+) and they have a private dining area where you have the possibility of hosting private events.
If you’re in a rush, just run in and grab your take-away.
Café Select is the perfect place for lunch or dinner, but also the to-go brunch restaurant over the weekends! Start off ordering the famous Mimosa or one of their delicious cocktails!
Have fun at this NY après ski fondue chalet, where you’ll enjoy a bit of Europe.
Daily from 8am
Weekends start at 9am
Speakeasy: daily, from 7pm
Location: 212 Lafayette Street
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Café Select
*Last Update on Feb/2020.*