A NYC tour, not to be missed! The LGBTQ+ History, Neighborhood and Pub Tour of Greenwich Village is truly fantastic with countless stories that will amaze you!
I had a fantastic experience on a new tour we’re featuring! I mean, we always attend all tours we share with you guys, but this one is surely something special and different!
Why? Well, because it talks about one of the most amazing stories and moments in New York’s history: the LGBTQ+ movement!
So, come explore with us the famous LGBTQ+ history of Greenwich Village with a local NYC guide by your side.
See Stonewall Inn, the place where the gay rights movement kicked off in 1969 and let to an unexpected riot, enjoy a drink in the city’s oldest known gay bar and grab an ice-cream covered in rainbow sprinkles at the city’s sauciest ice-cream parlor!
I’m sure you will have a great time and have lots of fun learning more about this super important moment in the history of New York City!
- Drink at the oldest gay bar in NYC and sing with the locals at a café where many Broadway stars go to croon at the piano
- Visit the location where ‘the shot glass that was heard around the world’ was thrown: Stonewall Inn, the gay bar that launched the civil rights movement for LGBTQ+ people back in 1969
- Tour the iconic West Village where celebrities, writers, provocateurs and social justice warriors used to call home (and see where they used to live and work)
- Learn about renowned people that were gay and fighting for their rights in the 60’s and 70’s
- Plus, find out which First Lady dated a women and had a 3-decade-long love story
- Celebrate gay history at Big Gay Ice Cream; a fancy cone is included in your tour!
- Price: $71.10 – $79/person
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: Washington Square Arch in Washington Square, NYC
- Ending point: Marie’s Crisis Café, 59 Grove Street
- Language: English
- Advanced Purchase Required
- Inclusions: Local, English-speaking guide, one drink at an iconic gay bar (beer, wine or cocktail), Ice-cream cone.
- Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Dress standard: Comfortable walking clothes. Please check weather on the day.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Child Policy: Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Dietary Notes: We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
In addition, if you are looking to book a private tour of the LGBTQ+ History, Neighborhood and Pub Tour of Greenwich Village, please submit a request. Furthermore, for corporate requests, let our experts help you out.
Don’t forget to explore all our other Tours & Experiences! We’re sure you’ll enjoy them all!
Photo Credit: ©Behind the Scenes NYC and courtesy of our partner
*Last Updated on Feb/2020.*