We love Brooklyn and we love food, so putting them together is the perfect combination! Explore with us the Neighborhood Eats Tour: Brownstone Brooklyn! Come hungry!
Italian, Middle Eastern, and New American cuisine come together and create New York City’s best neighborhood food.
Discover delicious mom & pop shops and restaurants, and experience how food is the engine of a local eco-system.
Brooklyn’s Smith and Court Streets and surrounding neighborhoods have a vibrant mix of small, locally owned, artisanal food shops (both old and new) unlike almost any other neighborhood in America.
On this tour you will find out how that came to be and what makes it tick!
We will visit both old school haunts and new culinary entrepreneurs to experience an exciting menu of traditional flavors and daring dishes. We’ll stop into Italian and Middle Eastern shops that have long been the staple of the neighborhood, and explore the growing scene of cafes and restaurants specializing in New American cuisine.
While we enjoy their delicacies, we’ll learn about the neighborhood’s rich history and changing character from the local business owners and residents themselves and you’ll find out what makes this neighborhood so special.
Come hungry! Price of ticket includes beer tastings and food, transportation, tour map of the neighborhood, and your tour guide.
- Discover why Brooklyn is now the centre of the NYC food scene
- Visit family-owned food stores to get the local lowdown on food in Brooklyn
- Stroll down the beautiful tree-lined streets of Brooklyn with a local
- Explore the many faces of Brooklyn cuisine, from New American to Italian, the Middle East and beyond!
- Price: $69 / person – includes food & guide
- Duration: About 3 hours
- Meeting Point: Stinky Bklyn – 215 Smith Street, Brooklyn
- Schedule: Every Friday at 11am and every Saturday at noon
- Advanced purchase required
- Inclusions: Local English speaking guide, food tastings, and tour map of the neighborhood.
- Exclusions: Items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities for your guide (highly appreciated, tks!)
- Your Trip: You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Confirmation of booking: If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed. We’ll see you at the start point. Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed upon booking. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
In addition, if you enjoyed the Neighborhood Eats Tour: Brownstone Brooklyn, but you prefer to book a private tour, please submit a request. Furthermore, for corporate requests, let our experts help you out.
Don’t forget to explore all our other Tours & Experiences too!
Photo Credit: Courtesy of our partner